Monday, July 27, 2015

The Very Hungry Caterpillar 1st Birthday Party

My 3rd baby celebrated his 1st birthday a few weeks ago!  I decided to do The Very Hungry Caterpillar for his birthday theme.  Here are some highlights from his party!
Hubby helped me with my vision and made a caterpillar out of balloons and had him climbing a tree in the back yard.
My favorite go to for centerpieces is printing out some cute images and putting them on skewers.  Then I wrap a piece of floral foam in tissue paper and stuff it into the vase I got at the party store.  Fluff up some coordinating tissue paper and have it coming out of the top, then poke in the cute images and voila!  An easy and cute centerpiece! The most time consuming part is cutting out the items!
 
Here's the smash cake I made for him.  Yep individual frosting dots, it took me about 2 hours to decorate it.  not the most time consuming cake I've made!
 
Cute cupcake toppers, I opted for simple kraft cupcake liners and just left those the way they were and kept a solid color sprinkle n each cupcake, when they were all put together they looked fabulous!
 
A poster I made for the birthday boy.  It's 20 X 30, I just swapped it out for the family photo I usually have in the frame, worked perfectly.
 
Birthday banner and his chalkboard all about him, on the entry way table when guests walked in.
 
I wrapped up some bubbles for the kids that came to the party, and I used sixlets and put them into skinny bags to make little chocolate caterpillars.
 
I made up these birthday wish cards for guests to fill out for the birthday boy, it was cute to read them. Then I just put them in a 4 X 6 photo album and he has a cute keepsake from his 1st birthday.
 
This was my favorite. I made little caterpillars for each milestone, newborn, 3 months, 6 months and 9 months and put a picture of him on each piece of the caterpillar. It was so cute to see them all together and see how he has changed.
 
 
 
 
 
This was another favorite project. I made him a cute placemat to match the theme. On the front was his birthday themed one.
 
Then on the back LOL so he can use this all the time!  It's printed as an 11 X 17 print and laminated at the office store, cute, quick and CHEAP!
 
A cute high chair banner for him, though I never got a picture of him in the high chair with it, oh well!
 
One of the appetizers was a meat and cheese tray with butterfly crackers, I cut little circles out of each piece of food to look like the hungry caterpillar had eaten them!
 
One of my friends brought grape caterpillars, they were gone in minutes!  So simple yet on a stick them became super popular!
 
The little guy digging into his cake!  He also had a matching shirt on but didn't want to post for me to get a good picture of the shirt. It had a big 1 on it and his name, very cute :)
 
The aftermath
 
And of course a custom chalkboard for him with everything about him at the age of one!
 
 
You can get a custom chalkboard just like this one, your colors and theme here in my store: HERE
I hope you like this party and it inspires you to add a little something extra to your parties too!  It's not hard or expensive to make your parties extra special!

2 comments:

  1. Karen / SnickerdoodleDesignsJuly 29, 2015 at 9:06 AM

    Congratulations on this milestone for Benjamin and your family! Your birthday party ideas, and execution of them, are amazingly creative, exceedingly fun, and just plain adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thank you so much Karen, you are so sweet. That made my day :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...