Saturday, January 29, 2011

THE CAKE! and Final Day of Love Bots Brag Book!

One thing I will always do for my kids for their birthday is make them a very special cake. They can choose whatever they would like and that's what they will get. Even if I eventually stop throwing big parties, and stop the decorations, they will always get a fun cake. And this year was no exception! To go with the knights and dragons theme, of course we needed a Medieval Fortress cake! And of course I digi scrapped it...wait....??? digi scrappin a cake? YEP! Here you see my brave knight protecting the castle, scroll down to see up close photos so you can see what digi scrapping I did on the cake!

The windows, door, tower wrap around, blue cones and flags are all photos! I measured everything out that I needed and created it digitally, had it printed out at Sams, cut it out and stuck it to the cake!

I couldn't have made it look that great if I would have had to cover the towers in fondant and shape all those windows out of that stuff! I could barely cover the cake with that impossible to work with stuff! So yes it took some time to do all those little pieces, but not nearly as much time as it WOULD have taken! So I am thankful for digi scrapping cause it saved me boat loads of time on this cake!!!

6 comments:

  1. I am going to have to remember that. No one eats the fondant anyway and that looks so much smoother! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 7 post on Jan. 29, 2011. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for sharing bb page 10 and the birthday cake is adorable, such talent you have

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [30 Jan 12:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a fantastic job on your cake.:) I agree..it would have taken a lot more time to do it in icing.I am a former Bakery Manager/cake decorator..so I KNOW!!:)
    Thanks so much for sharing your adorable brag book albums!! LOVE this one too!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for day10! Sad to see it over already, :(
    I love the cake and how you "updraded" it! So cool. I tried a few times to decorate cakes and did okay enough for close (close) family cakes, but that's about it. Never worked with fondant. I still have this strong desire to decorate cakes and maybe if we ever get a bigger kitchen I'd have room again to try.
    They have special printers out there I think by cannon who print only sugar sheets with edible ink. You know when you see those pictures of couples or disney characters etc. They are actually very cool and would be a good investment for those who made cakes a lot.
    My sister-in-laws's neighbor/friend had one and printed my nieces bday cake this way. 1st off, she makes excellant cakes (taste and style) so this was just a capper to tie into the theme. And the fact that it's edible is way cool.
    They're not the expensive, or weren't last I proced them. But for me to buy one and not have either room or space to make cakes and store the printer and sugar sheets - well just not for me.
    So, I was just searching the web for more info and found more than I knew about. Lots of cake printers out there, but now they have "SugarVeil" which is a powder mixed at home and make your own sheets, but they are Flexible! Love that! And Gogo cake has a website to upload your own image they'll print the sheet for you and mail! Oh, this isn't too cheep, but better than buying the printer if you only have a few occasions to use this for.
    Hmmm, I am so hungry for cake now! LOL!
    Hugs, Tif

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...